1. A parent, teacher, or community member refers a
student for testing.
2. The student's parents/guardians express written
permission for their child to be tested.
3. The GT Coordinator administers a series of tests and
collects data about the student.
4. A Placement Committee consisting of the GT
Coordinator, administrator, counselor, and teachers
meet to determine placement. They evaluate student
data without knowing who they are evaluating.
5. The Placement Committee makes a decision about whether to place the student or watch them for
potential re-testing in the future.
6. A letter is sent home to parents/guardians to inform them of whether or not the child was placed in GT at that time. The child can be retested in the future if another referral is made.